What is the Chain of Responsibility?
On 1 October 2018, the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) was amended to include Chain of Responsibility (CoR) obligations relating to every party in the heavy vehicle transport supply chain.
The aim of CoR is to make sure everyone in the supply chain shares responsibility for safety and ensuring breaches of the HVNL do not occur. Under CoR laws, if you are named as a party in the chain of responsibility and you exercise (or have the capability of exercising) control or influence over any transport task, you have a responsibility to ensure the HVNL is complied with.
If your role in the heavy vehicle supply chain includes, scheduling, loading/unloading, packing, driving, organising or receiving consignments (e.g. as a consignor or consignee) or you are an employer, executive officer, or prime contractor, then you have CoR obligations under the HVNL.
About this course – CoR Level 1.
This course is applicable to personnel working within the heavy vehicle transport supply chain.
For personnel involved in administrating workplace policies and procedure or supervising others within the CoR, the CoR Level 2. course TLIF0002 Administer chain of responsibility policies and procedures will more appropriate and will include this Level 1. unit.
This eLearning course is deigned to provide knowledge and skills relating to the following:
- The Chain of Responsibility law
- The various Chain of Responsibility roles and applicable obligations
- Safe load restraint, appropriate load mass and dimension, and prevention of driver fatigue and speeding
- How to recognise and manage risk in the transport industry
- Penalties associated with CoR breaches
- Taking action if and where a potential or actual breach of Chain of Responsibility is observed
The course activities will require you to:
- Identify your CoR role(s)
- Complete a series of activities relating to three (3) separate scenarios which will include completing Breach Reports
- Provide Astra Group Services with copies of workplace documents as evidence of your compliance to CoR obligations under the HVNL
A list of suitable document types will be made available during the course.
This is a blend of online e-learning and submission of workplace documentation relevant to your existing role within the Transport and Logistics Industry sector.
The course will take you approx 2 to 3 hours to complete although you will need to allow time to gather your workplace documents.
Successful completion of the course will result in the issuance of a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency:
- TLIF0001 Apply chain of responsibility legislation, regulations and workplace procedures
To enrol in this eLearning program, click the button below to be directed to the online enrolment form.