Chain of Responsibility (CoR Level 1)
Level 1 – TLIF0001 Apply chain of responsibility legislation, regulations and workplace procedures
On 1 October 2018, the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) was amended to include Chain of Responsibility (CoR) obligations relating to every party in the heavy vehicle transport supply chain.
The aim of CoR is to make sure everyone in the supply chain shares responsibility for safety and ensuring breaches of the HVNL do not occur. Under CoR laws, if you are named as a party in the chain of responsibility and you exercise (or have the capability of exercising) control or influence over any transport task, you have a responsibility to ensure the HVNL is complied with.
If your role in the heavy vehicle supply chain includes, scheduling, loading/unloading, packing, driving, organising or receiving consignments (e.g. as a consignor or consignee) or you are an employer, executive officer, or prime contractor, then you have CoR obligations under the HVNL.
Units of Competency
On successful completion of this program, participants will receive the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- TLIF0001 Apply chain of responsibility legislation, regulations and workplace procedures
Who Needs CoR Training?
All parties have a shared responsibility in supply chain and are responsible for taking reasonable steps to prevent breaches in your workplace. This interactive and innovative program focuses on ensuring you are meeting compliance requirements across all aspects of business operations under the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) and aligns to nationally recognised units of competency under the Australian Qualification Framework.
This course is designed to provide knowledge and skills relating to:
- The Chain of Responsibility law
- The various Chain of Responsibility roles and applicable obligations
- Safe load restraint, appropriate load mass and dimension, and prevention of driver fatigue and speeding
- How to recognise and manage risk in the transport industry
- Penalties associated with CoR breaches
- Taking action if and where a potential or actual breach of Chain of Responsibility is observed
This is a blend of online e-learning and submission of workplace documentation relevant to your existing role within the Transport and Logistics Industry sector.
The course activities will require you to:
- Identify your CoR role(s)
- Complete a series of activities relating to three (3) separate scenarios which will include completing Breach Reports
- Provide Astra Group Services with copies of workplace documents as evidence of your compliance to CoR obligations under the HVNL
- A list of suitable document types will be made available during the course.
The course will take you approx 2 to 3 hours to complete although you will need to allow time to gather your workplace documents.
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|2019 -> CoR - Level 1||01/05/2019||30/04/2020||$150.00|