Standard 11 - Course Enrolment
Please take the time to review the pre-requisite requirements for the Standard 11 Refresher course.
- Standard 11 Statement of Attainment
- The expiry date for your SoA must be no more than 5 years and 3 months ago
- Evidence of coal mining activities (within the past 12 months)
- Site skills matrix/record or a detailed letter from your employer/supervisor/manager outlining your responsibilities and work tasks (must include applicable dates and names of mine sites)
- Two (2) x Third-Party Skills Validation Reports (completed by managers/supervisors)
- You can find a copy of the Validation Report here.
Additional (non-mandatory) evidence that will support your application and expedite completion of the program include (but not limited to):
- Other mining industry qualifications or certificates (e.g. Working at heights, machine tickets, maintenance tickets etc.)
- First Aid / CPR Certificate (highly recommended)
- Risk assessments (e.g. Take 5, SLAM, JSA etc.)
- Equipment pre-start inspections (e.g. for vehicles, plant and/or equipment)
- Meeting records (including pre-start, toolbox or safety meeting)
- Site training records (including site induction records, other site training)
- Tags (e.g. Personal Danger, Out of Service tags)
- Work Permits
- Reports you have written and submitted (e.g. Incident, Near Miss reports, other types of reports)
- Any other type of evidence that clearly demonstrates you coal mine site activities
Note: You workplace evidence must be dated within the past 12 months.
We are here to helpIf you’re unsure about providing any of the above evidence, please contact the office on 3205 0600 and we can assist with alternative delivery options, including full training or RPL.
Continue below to enrolment
Student Enrolment Form
Please use this form if you are enrolling in a training course with ASTRA Group Services RTO #31544 (ASTRA).
The information on the form provides ASTRA with the details required to accurately process your enrolment and issue nationally recognised Statements of Attainment/Qualifications. To ensure your student file is comprehensive and correct, please complete all fields on this form.
From 1 January 2015, ASTRA Group Services may be unable to issue you with a nationally recognised VET Qualification or Statement of Attainment on successful completion of your training if you do not have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
In addition, we are required to include your USI in the data we submit to NCVER. If you need assistance with your USI, you can contact the USI office.
Important RTO Information & Privacy Notice
We are required by law (under the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 (Cth) (NVETR Act)) to disclose the personal information we collect about you to the National VET Data Collection kept by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). The NCVER is responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics about the Australian VET sector.
We are also authorised by law (under the NVETR Act) to disclose your personal information to the relevant state or territory training authority.
The NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the NVETR Act. Your personal information may be used and disclosed by NCVER for purposes that include populating authenticated VET transcripts; administration of VET; facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage; and understanding the VET market.
The NCVER is authorised to disclose information to the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE), Commonwealth authorities, State and Territory authorities (other than registered training organisations) that deal with matters relating to VET and VET regulators for the purposes of those bodies, including to enable:
- administration of VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
- facilitation of statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information
The NCVER may also disclose personal information to persons engaged by NCVER to conduct research on NCVER’s behalf.
The NCVER does not intend to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
If you would like to seek access to or correct your information, in the first instance, please contact your RTO using the contact details listed below.
DESE is authorised by law, including the Privacy Act and the NVETR Act, to collect, use and disclose your personal information to fulfil specified functions and activities. For more information about how the DESE will handle your personal information, please refer to the DESE VET Privacy Notice at https://www.dese.gov.au/national-vet-data/vet-privacy-notice.
At any time, you may contact ASTRA Group Services to:
- request access to your personal information
- correct your personal information
- make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled
- ask a question about this Privacy Notice
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) accredited by ASQA, ASTRA Group Services undertakes quality competency-based training that we trust will be informative, educational, practically oriented and bring our students benefits to their field of work. We have a number of guidelines and policies that we recommend students familiarise themselves with prior to commencing their training. Additional information is outlined in our Student Handbook. For further information, you can also consult your trainer/assessor.