The ASTRA Standard 11 Mining Induction program not only provides our attendees with the necessary accredited competencies, but also gives a valuable insight into the life of a miner through an innovative and engaging three-day workshop. The Std 11 mining induction course is the revised version of what was previously known as the GI ‘Generic Induction’. Now commonly referred to as the S11 or Standard 11, it is required for anyone working within the surface coal mine industry and metalliferous mine operations in QLD.
The Standard 11 recognised Mining Induction is designed to train participants in the required coal mining competencies recognised by the Coal Mining Safety and Health Advisory Committee, along with skills and knowledge from industry experienced trainers.
Units of Competency
On successful completion of this program, participants will receive the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR205D Apply initial First Aid
- RIIERR302D Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work process/procedures
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
If this sounds like something you’re interested in or you’re looking to get into the industry starting with our mining induction training, get in touch with us today.
Standard 11 Mining Induction is suited to anyone who is new to the Coal Mining industry or who is training to start a new career in mining.
This program is delivered in an interactive and engagement learning environment and following ASTRA’s unique and engaging story of “A day in the life of a coal mine worker”. Focusing specifically on:
• Mining industry-standard operations
• General site safety requirements and expectations of workers
• Introduction and application of Site Safety and Health Management system (SHMS)
• Hazard identification and risk management strategies
• Isolation examples and best-practice tagging procedures.
• Common core skills of a coal mine worker
• Emergency procedures and emergency preparedness
• Basic lifesaving first aid, firefighting, and fire prevention
• Protecting the environment and cultural heritage
• Working in accordance with site procedures and processes
• Effective communication skills
• Understanding and applying workplace policies, procedures, and processes