WE MAKE REFESHING YOUR STANDARD 11 MINING INDUCTION SIMPLE
Standard 11 Mining Induction Refresher – Coal Competency Compliant
Attn: Miners in QLD
Do you hold your standard 11?
Have you been on a mine site in the past 2-years?
Do you have site evidence and references to show your work history?
The ASTRA General Coal Mining Induction Standard 11 Refresher Program online not only provides you with the necessary accredited competencies, but also gives a valuable insight into the life of a miner through an innovative and engaging eLearning program.
The Standard 11 Refresher Course is a requirement for anyone working within the surface coal mine industry and metalliferous mine operations in QLD that has previously held or currently holds the Standard 11 mining Induction units of competency – RIIWHS201D, RIIRIS201D, RIICOM201D, RIIGOV201D, RIIERR302D, RIIERR205D.
Standard 11 Induction Refresher is designed to train participants in the required coal mining competencies recognised by the Coal Mining Safety and Health Advisory Committee, along with skills and knowledge from industry experienced trainers.
The Standard 11 Mining Induction Training (Recognised Standard 11 compliant) is suited to anyone who is an existing worker in the Coal Mining industry or who has previously completed the Standard 11 training and is needing to refresh their training to re-enter the Coal mining industry in Queensland.
This Mining Induction Training program provides an interactive learning environment covering the essential elements of an effective mining induction program, specifically:
- Mining industry operations
- General safety requirements
- Application of Site Safety and Health Management system
- Hazard identification and risk management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Common core skills of a coal mine worker
- Emergency procedures
- Basic lifesaving first aid, firefighting and fire prevention
- Protecting the environment
- Working in accordance with site procedures
- Identifying hazards and risk management processes
- Effective communication skills
- Emergency preparedness
- Understanding workplace policies, procedures and processes
On successful completion of the Standard 11 Refresher training component and verification of workplace documents, participants will be re-issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Renewal: Every five (5) years or as stipulated by your employer
ASTRA uses various assessment methods and techniques, including skill and knowledge assessments as an essential step to ensure you progress through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying and training with ASTRA, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and in some cases through recognition of prior learning.
The Standard 11 Refresher Course is an online training program that is a self-paced journey, and we are here to help.
If you are unsure about your capabilities please contact the ASTRA team for further assistance and to determine the support services in place to assist your training experience.
On successful completion of the Standard 11 Refresher program, participants will receive a reissued nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR205D Apply initial First Aid
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIGOV201E Comply with site work process/procedures
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
What you'll need to provide
You will be required to provide the following workplace documents:
- Previously issued Statement of Attainment for Standard 11 (RIIRIS201D / RIIWHS201D / RIICOM201D / RIIGOV201D / RIIERR302D / RIIERR205D)
- Your site Skills Report / LMS / or authorisation listing (or a company letter detailing your mining industry activities)
- Two (2) Third Party Skills Validation
Reports completed by managers or supervisor (past or current) to verify your experience In addition to the above, at least three (3) of the following will needed to be provided:
- First Aid / CPR Certificate (highly recommended)
- Risk assessments (e.g. Take 5. / SLAM / JSA etc.)
- Equipment pre-start inspections (vehicles / plant / equipment etc.)
- Meeting records (e.g. pre-start, toolbox or safety meeting)
- Site training records (e.g. site induction records, other site training)
- Other mining industry qualifications or certificates (e.g. S123, working at heights, machine tickets, maintenance tickets etc.)
- Tags (e.g. Personal Danger, Out of Service tags)
- Work Permits
- Reports you have written and submitted (e.g. Incident, Near Miss reports)
- any other document that provides evidence of your mining industry work and skills
Looking for the full Standard 11?
Our Standard 11 Training Induction Program not only provides our attendees with the necessary accredited competencies, but also gives a valuable insight into the life of a miner.
Learn about our Standard 11 Refresher, along with other leading courses, and gain your certification with ASTRA Group today!
- Previously issued SoA for Std 11
- Demonstrated experience within 12 months
- Third-party skills validation report
- Internet access
- Additional workplace evidence
- A webcam is encouraged for participation in virtual classrooms
Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
Full face to face training available upon request