The Standard 11 Mining Induction Training (Recognised Standard 11 compliant) is suited to anyone who is an existing worker in the Coal Mining industry or who has previously completed the Standard 11 training and is needing to refresh their training to re-enter the Coal mining industry in Queensland.
This Mining Induction Training program provides an interactive learning environment covering the essential elements of an effective mining induction program, specifically:
- Mining industry operations
- General safety requirements
- Application of Site Safety and Health Management system
- Hazard identification and risk management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Common core skills of a coal mine worker
- Emergency procedures
- Basic lifesaving first aid, firefighting and fire prevention
- Protecting the environment
- Working in accordance with site procedures
- Identifying hazards and risk management processes
- Effective communication skills
- Emergency preparedness
- Understanding workplace policies, procedures and processes
You will be required to provide additional workplace documents including:
- Previously issued Statement of Attainment for Standard 11 (RIIRIS201D / RIIWHS201D / RIICOM201D / RIIGOV201D / RIIERR302D / RIIERR205D)
- Demonstrated experience as a Coal Mine Worker in the Mining Resources and Open Cut Coal industries within the previous 2 years (24 months)
- CV with x2 references or a reference letter from an Employer
- Third party report completed by a Supervisor / Employer (past or current) to verify your experience
On successful completion of the training component, participants will be re-issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Renewal: Every five (5) years or as stipulated by your employer
ASTRA uses various assessment methods and techniques, including skill and knowledge assessments as an essential step to ensure you progress through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying and training with ASTRA, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and in some cases through recognition of prior learning.
This is an online training program that is a self-paced journey, and we are here to help.
If you are unsure about your capabilities please contact the ASTRA team for further assistance and to determine the support services in place to assist your training experience.