General Mining Standard 11 Induction Refresher Program
Standard 11 Recognised Coal Competency compliant
The ASTRA General Coal Mining Induction Standard 11 Induction Refresher Program online not only provides our attendees with the necessary accredited competencies, but also gives a valuable insight into the life of a miner through an innovative and engaging eLearning program. This program is a requirement for anyone working within the surface coal mine industry and metalliferous mine operations that has previously held or currently holds the Standard 11 mining Induction units of competency – RIIWHS201D, RIIRIS201D, RIICOM201D, RIIGOV201D, RIIERR302D, RIIERR205D.
Standard 11 Induction Refresher is designed to train participants in the required coal mining competencies recognised by the Coal Mining Safety and Health Advisory Committee, along with skills and knowledge from industry experienced trainers.
On successful completion of this program, participants will receive a reissued nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR205D Apply initial First Aid
- RIIERR302D Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIGOV201D Comply with site work process/procedures
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Who needs to refresh the Standard 11 Mining Induction?
The Standard 11 Mining Induction Training (Recognised Standard 11 compliant) is suited to anyone who is an existing worker in the Coal Mining industry or who has previously completed the Standard 11 training and is needing to refresh their training to re-enter the Coal mining industry in Queensland.
This Mining Induction Training program provides an interactive learning environment covering the essential elements of an effective mining induction program, specifically:
- Mining industry operations
- General safety requirements
- Application of Site Safety and Health Management system
- Hazard identification and risk management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Common core skills of a coal mine worker
- Emergency procedures
- Basic lifesaving first aid, firefighting and fire prevention
- Protecting the environment
- Working in accordance with site procedures
- Identifying hazards and risk management processes
- Effective communication skills
- Emergency preparedness
- Understanding workplace policies, procedures and processes
On successful completion of the training component, participants will be re-issued with a Statement of Attainment by ASTRA.
Renewal: Every five (5) years or as stipulated by your employer
ASTRA use various assessment methods and techniques, including skill and knowledge assessments as an essential step to ensure you progress through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying and training with ASTRA, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and in some cases through recognition of prior learning.
This is an online training program that is a self-paced journey, and we are here to help. If you are unsure about your capabilities please contact the ASTRA team for further assistance and to determine the support services in place to assist your training experience.