S123 Site Safety Supervisor Refresher / Fast-track Program
The ASTRA Site Safety Supervisor Refresher / Fasttrack program (also known as S123, or S1 S2 S3) has been designed to effectively train students to be able to Communicate Information, Conduct Safety & Health Investigations and Apply Risk Management processes across a broad range of industries in preparation for appointments to a supervisory role.
The program has been structured around the many common challenges faced by a Frontline Supervisor in working to coordinate the best efforts of a work team to achieve objectives in a safe, productive and efficient manner.
- Risk Management Theory
- Practical Risk Assessment and Management (JSA, JHA, etc.)
- Risk Management safety document review
- Incident investigation theory
- Practical incident investigation and reporting
- Communication theory
- Negotiation skills
- Communicating to their team and the wider organisation
On completion of this program, participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment:
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS301D Conduct safety and health investigations
- RIICOM301D Communicate information
Who Needs Site Safety Supervisor Training?
The program is appropriate for those working in supervisory and management or technical specialist roles within:
- Civil construction
- Coal mining
- Extractive Industries
- Metaliferous mining
- Oil and Gas
- Energy & Utilities
This is a blend of online e-learning and submission of workplace documentation relevant to your existing role as a Supervisor in the Resources Sector.
The course activities will require you to:
- Build / submit a portfolio of workplace evidence demonstrating your experience
- Complete a series of online ‘elearning’ activities in your own time
- Complete and online questionnaire relating supervisory roles
- Provide Astra with copies of workplace documents as evidence of your supervisory and administrative roles
- A detailed list of suitable document types will be made available at the commencement of the course
The course will take you approx 1 day to complete, in addition to gathering your workplace documents.