Confined Space Entry – Basic
Confined space entry training is developed for workers across multi-industry sectors who are exposed to the dangers of entering a confined space or working in conjunction with a classified confined space area.
You will gain the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake confined space entry and carry out tasks competently‚ specifically:
- Requirements of relevant Australian Standards and Legislation
- Selection, inspection and safe use of equipment
- Access to structures and natural environments
- Effective risk management strategies
- Working under entry permits and instructions
- Using atmospheric monitoring devices
- Effective tag and isolation procedures
On completion of this program, participants will receive the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined space
Who needs Confined Space Training?
Confined Space Training is suited for those working in operational roles where they are required to:
- enter or work in confined spaces
- undertake hazard identification or risk assessment in relation to a confined space
- implement risk control measures
- issue entry permits
- act as a standby person or communicate with workers in a confined space
- monitor conditions while work is being carried out
- buy equipment for confined space work
- design or lay out a work area that includes a confined space
Renewal: Every two (2) years or as stipulated by your employer
ASTRA use various assessment methods and techniques, including skill and knowledge assessments as an essential step to ensure you progress through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying and training with ASTRA, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and in some cases through recognition of prior learning.
Before commencing any course, ASTRA recommends you consult your doctor to determine any limitations with conducting practical demonstrations if applicable. There may be multiple tasks that require manual handling of materials and equipment and general exposure to accessing and working on structures at height. If you are unsure about your capabilities please contact the ASTRA team for further assistance and to determine the support services in place to assist your training experience.
|Enter and work in confined space - basic||28 November 2019||07:30 am - 04:30 pm||Brendale||12||$275.00|
|Enter and work in confined space - basic||16 December 2019||07:30 am - 04:30 pm||Brendale||12||$275.00|
|Enter and work in confined space - basic||13 January 2020||07:30 am - 04:30 pm||Brendale||12||$275.00|
|Enter and work in confined space - basic||29 January 2020||07:30 am - 04:30 pm||Brendale||12||$275.00|
|Enter and work in confined space - basic||10 February 2020||07:30 am - 04:30 pm||Brendale||12||$275.00|
|Enter and work in confined space - basic||25 February 2020||07:30 am - 04:30 pm||Brendale||12||$275.00|