RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations is the industry standard for plant equipment / machinery operators working in the civil construction, construction, earth moving and quarrying industries.
This is a hands-on Qualification that will support you to acquire the skills and confidence to safely operate plant equipment, complete a variety of support tasks, work in a team and develop a range of skills related to earthworks, road construction and general civil works.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this Qualification, the learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to machinery in a workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the program.
Our supportive team have over 60 years of industry experience to give you the guidance you need to succeed.
On successful completion of this program, participants will receive a nationally recognised Qualification for:
- RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
We are an approved CSQ Funding Initiative provider
If you would like any further information or want to discuss your funding eligibility, contact the ASTRA Training Team or find out more about what else is available under the CSQ Funding initiative here.
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIICCM205E Carry out manual excavations
- RIICCM206D Support plant operations
- RIICCM207D Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICCM208D Carry out basic leveling
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non-toxic materials
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM204D Operate small plant and equipment
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIWMG203D Drain and dewater civil construction site
- Selected at time of enrolment based on access and availability of machinery
Who Should do the Civil Construction Plant Operator Training?
Anyone operating machinery / plant equipment in the Civil Construction / Earth moving / Quarrying sector.
ASTRA have developed an easy to follow and modular hands-on training course that gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your existing practical skills and know-how to work safely. The program is appropriate for those wishing to gain formal recognition for existing skills.
ASTRA focus’s on supporting students looking to enter and renter the workforce, and will support your training path no matter your background or walk of life. We are also aligned with partner organisations that can offer additional support in reading and writing skills, career and workplace guidance as well as ‘job readiness’ skills and interviewing techniques for a job application.
ASTRA use various assessment methods and techniques, including skill and knowledge assessments as an essential step to ensure you progress through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying and training with ASTRA, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples and third-party feedback.
There is self-paced learning required for this course which includes completion of homework and research activities as well as online learning materials. Students may require access to a computer and internet outside of scheduled training days. ASTRA can assist with any resources or access as required.
Before commencing any course, ASTRA recommends you consult your doctor to determine any limitations with conducting practical demonstrations if applicable. There are be regular tasks that require manual handling of materials, tools and equipment including exposure to outdoor elements.
ASTRA requires all students to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). As a minimum requirement, any personnel attending an ASTRA course and training facility must wear enclosed, lace-up shoes with a non-slip sole. Further guidance and support on PPE will be provided at enrolment.