Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Training
WHSQ Endorsed delivery provider
The Health and Safety Representative (HSR) refresher program is designed to refresh participants practical knowledge and skills to liaise with other staff to identify Work Health and Safety (WHS) issues as a HSR in their organisation.
HSRs elected by their work group members are entitled to attend this WHSQ approved one (1) day refresher training course every twelve (12) months (as per requirements of the WHS Act. Employers are required allow the HSR to take time off work to attend this training under the QLD WHS Act 2011.
On completion of this program, participants will receive a Statement of Completion for:
- Health and Safety Representative Training
Relevant Approved Training for HSR
Health and safety representatives (HSRs) are workers elected or selected for the role, who represent the health and safety interests of workers within their workgroup for a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) and provide the means to give workers a voice in health and safety matters at the workplace, and involve workers through participation and consultation.
Roles and duties that may be performed for the elected work group:
- undertake workplace inspections
- review the circumstances of workplace incidents
- accompany a WHSQ inspector during an inspection
- represent the work group in health and safety matters
- attend an interview about health and safety matters with a worker from the work group (with the consent of the worker)
- request that a health and safety committee be established
- participate in a health and safety committee
- monitor compliance measures
- investigate work health and safety complaints from work group members
- inquire into any risk to the health and safety of workers in the work group
- issue provisional improvement notices and direct a worker to cease unsafe work (where the HSR has completed the approved training).
ASTRA use various assessment methods and techniques, including skill and knowledge assessments as an essential step to ensure you progress through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying and training with ASTRA, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples and third-party feedback.
There is no pre or post-course learning required for this course.
|Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Course||17 July 2019||08:30 am - 05:00 pm||Townsville||15||$315.00|
|Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Course||2 August 2019||08:30 am - 05:00 pm||Toowoomba||15||$315.00|
|Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Course||20 September 2019||08:30 am - 05:00 pm||Brendale||15||$315.00|
|Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Course||30 September 2019||08:30 am - 05:00 pm||Brisbane City||15||$315.00|
|Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Course||30 October 2019||08:30 am - 05:00 pm||Brisbane City||15||$315.00|
|Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Course||31 October 2019||08:30 am - 05:00 pm||Brendale||15||$315.00|
|Health and Safety Representative Refresher Training Course||16 December 2019||08:30 am - 05:00 pm||Brendale||15||$315.00|