We are nearly three years on from the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) amendment.
By know you are well versed – Chain of Responsibility (CoR) obligations relate to every party in the heavy vehicle transport supply chain.
Under Heavy Vehicle National Law, everyone in the transport supply chain has a legal obligation to ensure breaches of road transport laws do not occur.
But, does CoR work for you?
Make Chain of Responsibility work for your business.
Chain of Responsibility training or CoR training is essential for all employees with control over any transport task.
This is where you get to tighten your understanding of responsibilities under the Chain of Responsibility.
Understand the reasonable steps you and others in your workplace can take today.
Prevent breaches of mass, dimension, loading, speed and fatigue laws from occurring.
Seems important for any transport related business, right?
How does this effect you?
If you are a named party in chain of repsonsibility and can exercise or have the capability to control or influence any transport task, you have a responsibility to comply with the HVNL.
So who is considered a party in the Supply Chain?
While there may be multiple cross-overs depending on your organisation size and role descriptions, typical occupations include:
- Loader / Unloader
- Operator / Driver
- Load Manager
- Executive Officer
- Prime Contractors
Managing the CoR changes. Simple
You have an opportunity to expand the knowledge base of all employees at your organisation.
If everyone understood their (and others) responsibilities within the heavy vehicle supply chain, your organisation will be compliant and more importantly, safe.
We can all agree that trained and skilled employees are an asset to a business.
Training helps to address any weaknesses and shortfalls, improve productivity and performance and adherence to quality standards.
So, benchmark all aspects of your business with CoR training specific to each role.
Turn to nationally recognised training:
- TLIF0009 Ensure the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility) – Level 1
- TLIF0014 Monitor the safety of transport activities – Level 2
ASTRA have partnered with Digital product solution specialists Kognent to offer role-specific training, separated and designed specifically for each role named under the Chain of Responsibility.
You complete a series of online modules with interactive activities and videos, then stress-test your skills in the workplace with a scenario download pack.
The training is fully supported from start to finish with access to Trainers and industry professionals.
- The Chain of Responsibility Law
- The various Chain of Responsibility roles and applicable obligations
- Safe load restraint, appropriate load mass and dimension and prevention of drive fatigue and speeding
- How to recognise and manage risk in the transport industry
- Penalties associated with CoR breaches
- Acting if and where a potential or actual breach of Chain of Responsibility is observed
- Monitoring the application of CoR workplace policies and procedures
The training is a blend of eLearning modules, and workplace activities to be performed revelant to the role. ‘
As a result, training beneficial for full-time/part-time workers who are based in remote or regional locations and may not necessarily be able to complete face to face programs.
Get started today via our e-learning page.
- NHVR – About Chain of Responsibility
- NHVR – Changes to Chain of Responsibility
- CoR Level 1 Training
- CoR Level 2 Training
- Kognent CoR Training Solutions