Risk Management System (G3)
RIIRIS601D Establish and maintain the risk management system or also known in the industry as G3, gives you the knowledge, skills and competency to establish and maintain the risk management system within the resources and infrastructure industry. G3 training also provides you with the ability to identify hazards and control the risk in accordance to workplace policies and procedures. The benefits of G3 training doesn’t stop there, this course also meets legislative requirements and is a recognised coal mining competency.
Find out more about QLD Recognised Coal Competencies here
Units of Competency
On successful completion of this program, participants will receive the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
- RIIRIS601D Establish and maintain the risk management system
Who Needs G3 Training?
The G3 training is suited for those working as Risk Managers, Technical Managers, General Managers, Site Senior Executives and management roles where they are required to:
- Plan and prepare the framework for the risk management system
- Establish processes to support the risk management system
- Plan and facilitate the implementation of risk management system
- Audit the management processes
- Monitor completion of records and reports
Renewal: Every five (5) years or as stipulated by your employer or site procedures
- Knowledge of the requirements, procedures and instructions that apply to establishing and maintaining a risk management system
- Course structure and content is fully aligned with ISO 31000:2018 – Guidelines
- Implementation of procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient establishment and maintenance of risk management systems
- The identification of the relevant information and scope of the work to meet the required outcomes
- Working with others to establish and maintain risk management systems, and
- The consistent and timely establishment and maintenance of risk management systems.
The program is structured around the completion of a series of inter-linked activities and is reliant on active participation throughout the program.
Post-course assessment is required to complete the unit of competency requirements.
ASTRA uses various assessment methods and techniques, including skill and knowledge assessments as an essential step to ensure you progress through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying and training with ASTRA, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples, third-party feedback, and in some cases through recognition of prior learning.
Before commencing any course, ASTRA recommends you consult your doctor to determine any limitations with conducting practical demonstrations if applicable. There may be multiple tasks that require manual handling of materials and equipment. If you are unsure about your capabilities, please contact the ASTRA team for further assistance and to determine the support services in place to assist your training experience.
Get Started Today
Due to Regulatory restrictions in place under Clause 7.3: Acceptance of fees in advance, ASTRA must not collect more than $1,500 in prepaid fees from any learner. Please note that by enrolling into this course you will receive a secondary invoice after commencement of training to finalise all fees to the total value of $1,950.00.