Elevate your career with
BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
ASTRA's BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety program provides you with the career blueprint to become a safety professional across a range of industries.
ASTRA’s been a consultancy company for over 17 years across mining, civil construction, industrial, oil and gas, and all levels of government. So we know a thing or two about implementing and maintaining safety effective ‘people first’ safety systems.
By completing the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety program, you’ll have access to industry experts with a deep understanding of WHS principles as well as a suite of resources and templates to use in your business.
Our course covers a wide spectrum of topics, ensuring you gain in-depth knowledge of WHS regulations, risk management, incident investigation, and more. You’ll emerge as a well-rounded expert in workplace safety.
Our hands-on approach to learning ensures you’re equipped with practical skills that can be immediately applied in real-world scenarios. This sets you apart as a competent safety professional from day one.
After successfully finishing the BSB41419 Certificate IV in WHS course, students will receive a nationally recognised Qualification and be able to apply for a range of rewarding roles across multiple industries related to work health and safety.
5 days (f2f) + self-paced post-course
Face to face + self-paced study
Note: Course work is available in a digital download if you prefer
- Onsite available
Nationally Recognised Qualification
Onsite training and assessment available upon request
- 10 fortnightly virtual classroom sessions
- Range of supporting activities and assignments to complete at your own pace. This is designed to develop your knowledge and skills in a live work environment to give you some exposure to real-life safety strategies – it is also hugely beneficial to your organisation.
Access to a workplace with an existing safety system is recommended to ensure you get the most out of the Cert IV Work Health and Safety course.
Students will cover all components skills that are expected of an industry safety officer across a range of sectors.
- Identify, interpret and apply WHS legislation
- Research and interpret the obligations of employees and employers
- Access a range of WHS resources, tools and templates for work
- Risk management strategies, including hazards and risks analysis, effective control measures and monitoring strategies in the workplace
- Develop and implement a suite of WHS policies, procedures, checklists and forms
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to consult on safety matters
- Skills and techniques to respond to the changing needs of a workforce and implement safety initiatives
Astra Group’s Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety uses a range of case studies based on real events, as well as individual and group activities to support learning that can be applied to real life.
ASTRA uses a wide variety of assessment methods and techniques to evaluate students during the BSB41419 course. While training in the Certificate IV Work Health and Safety class, students will undergo observations, write assignments, take part in question-and-answer sessions, create portfolios, submit work samples, and receive third-party feedback.
Assessment for Cert IV WHS is structured around the completion of in-class case studies, individual and collaborative activities, written submissions, and workplace projects.
The model Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws require you to take care of the health, safety and welfare of your workers, including yourself and other staff, contractors and volunteers, and others (clients, customers, visitors) at your workplace.
As a worker, you must do what you can to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others is maintained. Completing formal training in Cert IV WHS is essential to demonstrate this.
ASTRA Group’s extensive training is applicable across a variety of industries, beneficial to professionals and those seeking formal accreditation, and can help with a career in the following:
- Human Resource Officer
- Safety Advisor
- Fire Safety Advisor
- Safety Compliance Officer
- WHS Coordinator
- Community Safety Officer
- Supervisor / Manager
Nationally recognised Qualification
On successful completion of this Cert IV safety course, participants will receive a nationally recognised Qualification in:
- BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws – details on giving advice pertaining to WHS laws. Explains the necessary actions required for WHS compliance in the workplace and legal obligations.
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes – describes the steps required for organising, operating, and upgrading WHS consultation and participation procedures.
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management – covers detecting, appraising and managing risk in regard to WHS.
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems – defines the requirements and outcomes needed for applying and maintaining WHS manage systems across a range of jobs and industries.
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response – explains the processes required when reacting to WHS incidents.
- BSBINS401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBLSR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBSTR402 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
$333 / month, or outright
Elevate your career and become a qualified Work Health and Safety professional. Seize this opportunity to learn from the best in the industry. Contact us today to secure your spot in an upcoming BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety course.