Turn over a new leaf – ASTRA’s benchmark community program
AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape Construction is the industry standard in the fundamentals of working as a landscaper within the horticulture and civil construction industry sectors.
This is a hands-on Qualification that will support you to acquire the skills and confidence to construct landscaping projects and renew and maintain existing gardens – From installing drainage, constructing brick, block and concrete structures, establishing turf providing information on plants to operating specialised Plant Equipment machinery.
Our supportive team have over 60 years of industry experience to give you the guidance you need to succeed in the workplace.
On completion of this program, participants will receive a nationally recognised Qualification:
- AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCLSC301 Set out site for construction works
- AHCDRG301 Install drainage systems
- AHCLSC306 Implement a paving project
- AHCLSC307 Implement a retaining wall project
- AHCLSC302 Construct landscape features using concrete
- AHCLSC303 Construct brick and/or block structures and features
- AHCLSC305 Construct stone structures and features
- AHCSOL303 Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- AHCPCM302 Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPGD301 Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCTRF302 Establish turf
- RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIMPO320E Conduct civil construction excavator operations
Who should do Landscape Construction Training?
Anyone. ASTRA have developed a highly interactive and hands-on training course that gives you the practical skills and know-how to work safely. The program is appropriate for those wishing to start their career or get recognised for existing skills in the following areas:
- Structural Landscaper
- Parks and gardens Tradesperson
- Landscape gardener
ASTRA focus’s on supporting students looking to enter and renter the workforce, and will support your training path no matter your background or walk of life. We are also aligned with partner organisations that can offer additional support in reading and writing skills, career and workplace guidance as well as ‘job readiness’ skills and interviewing techniques for a job application.
ASTRA use various assessment methods and techniques, including skill and knowledge assessments as an essential step to ensure you progress through your course. You may be assessed in a number of ways while you are studying and training with ASTRA, including observation, written assessment, questioning, portfolios, work samples and third-party feedback.
There is self-paced learning required for this course which includes completion of homework and research activities as well as online learning materials. Students may require access to a computer and internet outside of scheduled training days. ASTRA can assist with any resources or access as required.
Before commencing any course, ASTRA recommends you consult your doctor to determine any limitations with conducting practical demonstrations if applicable. There are be regular tasks that require manual handling of materials, tools and equipment including exposure to outdoor elements.
ASTRA requires all students to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). As a minimum requirement, any personnel attending an ASTRA course and training facility must wear enclosed, lace-up shoes with a non-slip sole. Further guidance and support on PPE will be provided at enrolment.
Register your interest for the next Open Day